Need Approval to Attend Carbon TradeEx 2010?
Attendance at Carbon TradeEx America 2010 (September 28 - 29, 2010 in Chicago's McCormick Place) can make the difference between your organization merely surviving or thriving during these challenging economic unclear policy times.
If you need senior management's approval for travel and training expenditures, it's worth it to develop a proposal so you can attend Carbon TradeEx America 2010. Here's how:
Study the Carbon TradeEx 2010 Web site for educational and networking opportunities.
- Identify educational sessions and exhibitors that address specific needs within your manufacturing, distribution and supply chain operations.
- List your current initiatives, such as managing risk, cutting costs, sustainability, streamlining processes, building relationships or other specific challenges, and then find corresponding education and solution providers at the show.
- Prepare a list of the benefits that can be realized by your attendance.
- Then, explain the relationship between these Carbon TradeEx activities and your organizational goals. It's important to be able to list the benefits to your organization and how you can make an impact.
Here are some benefits of your attendance:
- See the latest services innovations from over 75 of the leading solution providers.
- Learn how to successfully implement these innovations into your operations to cut costs, maximize efficiencies, improve visibility, and reduce risk.
- Get practical solutions to complex problems.
- Attend and choose from more than 25 educational seminars.
- Network with other industry professionals.
- Hear from powerful speakers' innovative ways to tackle the latest business strategies.
- Gain unique insight into leading models of the future.
- Investigate real-world case studies.
- Analyze best practices and management trends.
- Discuss hot topics with colleagues.
- Discover new approaches to, and solutions for, current practices.
By attending Carbon TradeEx 2010, you and your company will reap the benefits of best practices, success stories, tools and practical solutions. You will also have the opportunity to transform your biggest challenges into your greatest accomplishments when you learn from the experts, leaders in the field and fellow practitioners.
Be a force of change in your organization by bringing the knowledge home. Everyone in your organization will benefit from your attendance. You will be able to learn proven methods and best practices from leaders in material handling and logistics. You will also discover how to apply these methods in multiple situations.
Develop a Proposal
Put your ideas in writing and submit a formal proposal to your department head. Include your intended schedule of educational sessions, solution-providers and why the knowledge gained will be valuable to your operation. Strengthen your proposal by listing department goals and their corresponding Carbon TradeEx 2010 exhibitors and education. Also, list all areas where your department faces challenges and how your intended workshops will help you overcome these challenges. Don't forget to include the cost of airfare, meals and lodging in order to make it an all-inclusive proposal.
Full Circle - Provide Feedback to Management
Follow up with your direct supervisor after you return from Carbon TradeEx 2010. They will want to know firsthand your impressions, whether you gained something from it and how you will be able to apply lessons learned. This is where you will refer to your original proposal and goals to achieve while at Carbon TradeEx 2010. Let your supervisor know what you have learned and how you will implement this knowledge. Most importantly, let your manager know that your participation in Carbon TradeEx 2010 was a worthwhile investment for your company.
Plan your strategy
Prepare proposal - Secure Approval – Attend Carbon TradeEx - Provide Feedback to Management!